Detective Conan (Episode 1-3)

 


Detective Conan definitely has a special place in my heart! I used to watch this often as a kid, and even into my adolescent years, I often kept up with new episodes as I could never get enough of the charm this show emitted. 
It has a pretty simple premise: A teen detective is turned back into a child by some wonder drug, and using his wits and innocent face, he solves the toughest mysteries and murders. I has a "monster of the week" anime format, where every week, he must overcome a new case, but even with the repetition, the story somehow never gets old. 
I'd never watched it in Japanese before, and so as I decided that I wanted to watch from the very beginning (mostly because I'd never watched it before). However, finding the video was much tougher than it seemed, especially since a lot of the older anime's around this time were not recorded or aired in the US. Nevertheless, after 20 minutes of searching, I was finally able to find all 1000+ episodes on GoGo anime. 
I watched the first 3 episodes in Japanese, and surprisingly enough, I was actually able to understand some of the sentences I heard! After 3 episodes, I definitely recommend this for Japanese language learners as the language used in the show is relatively simple, and provides a good starting point for honing our skills in listening! 
(Also, Conan has been 7 for almost 30 years now... kinda crazy;;;)



Comments

  1. That sounds like an awesome series! from your description it gives me some Scooby-Doo vibes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts