ゆきのはな (Snow Flower) ❄️🌸✨🌸🌨❄✨


Yuki no Hana 

Mika Nakashima

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

ゆきのはな is my absolute favorite Japanese song! I grew up listening to it whenever my mom would play the CD in the car again during the winter season!

My mom was honestly the reason I was ever introduced to Japanese culture and music in the first place. She actually spent half a year abroad in Japan for her art school and while she was there, she fell in love with Japanese ballads. Her interest in Japanese music was how she discovered Yuki No Hana, and it's been a family favorite ever since. Growing up, I remember used to sing all the words by heart, where-as I just sang the Korean version because I didn't know any Japanese. But now, I could probably understand the song better than she can ^o^

In general, the reason i fell in love with Yuki no Hana was because of how perfectly the music captured the lonely yet ethereal feeling I'd get whenever I'd wake up to see snow silently falling during the night. The song perfectly encapsulates that feeling of nostalgia and longing so well, and every time I listen to it, it makes me feel like I'm alone, witnessing the first snowfall of winter. Especially with how hard it is to find alone time here in Notre Dame, it's been a major help in my quest to find any resemblance of peace in this hectic and chaotic campus. 

Everyone should take a listen! It's honestly such a magical experience!! :)))

 

Comments

  1. I had honestl;y never heard of this song before reading this post and after listening to the song I can understand why you and your family really love it. You can really feel all of her emotion coming out while she is singing and that is a really powerful thing because it allows the listener to connect on a much deeper level to what she is singing about

    ReplyDelete
  2. This song is truly so beautiful. There's something very reflective and moving in it, especially with the instrument choices and solo voice. I especially love the second verse when the strings come in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. きれいな うた ですよ! Wow, I'd never heard of this song before - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great recommendation.. I will have to start adding Japanese songs to my listening habits. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts