Multi Language Reading Club

This event was a great way for me to test how fast I could read in Japanese! Overall, I believe I read about 5 book in total, and although I wasn't able to understand the entire texts, I was able to figure out certain words/phrases using context clues. The first book I read was about the Japanese Monkey. I was already familiar with the sight of monkeys bathing in the おんせん during winter, and so it was fun to learn more about them through the book! I also read about the daily life of a cat named ユキ, skimmed through a funny picture book involving 3 cats and 3 fish, a folktale called 「うみの水はなぜしおからい」, and most importantly, a book about the wonders of the Japanese トイレ。

I think I struggled with reading at the very beginning of the session, but as I continued to finish book after book, I feel as if my reading speed increased a bit. Overall, I think I feel more comfortable with reading Japanese after only spending an hour reading, and I hope I can get the opportunity to do events like these more often! 

Comments

Popular Posts