One Piece: Skypiea (Ep 192)

 


First of all... Wow...

In this past week and a half, I've binged 200 episodes of One Piece and it has essentially become an addiction that I do not want to ever recover from. Currently, I'm cruising through the end of the Skypiea (sky island) arc, which has been a delight to watch. Oda's storytelling and creativity have never failed to impress me and I feel as if the world-building combined with the interesting new power system exhibit these qualities to the fullest. 
This is also the first arc with Nico Robin as a member of the Straw Hat Pirates, which may also be a big slight reason for my partiality to this particular one. She is definitely my favorite character within the main cast (Ace will forever be no.1), and watching her and her powers at work has been great. Ever since the Alabasta arc, her confidence, intelligence, and impeccable fashion sense caught my eye, and even though she was technically part of the enemy at that point, I couldn't help but root for her. I could go on and on about why I love Nico Robin but I wouldn't want to subject all of you to a whole novel so I'll stop here. 
(Plus im pretty sure that Water7 arc has Nico Robin in the spotlight so I'll just save it all for then)
(Miss All Sunday!Nico Robin was goated)

In terms of new words/phrases, I was able to pick up a few words that I had heard once or twice before. Unfortunately, this particular episode (192) was not the best one in terms of language recognition as most of the dialogue was just screaming. 
「未来(みらい)」= Future
「遺跡(いせき)」= Ruins 
「届け(とどけ)」= Reach・Report
There were many words that I recognized as well; a lot of which make sense with the setting and current events of the story. 
「空(そら)」= Sky
「雷(かみなり)」= Lightning
「聞いているか」= Are you listening?
Especially considering that 1). the arc is called SKYpiea, and 2). the main villain, Eneru, has powers of lightning. 

Comments

Popular Posts