黒い天使(くろいてんし)ーAKB48

 



黒い天使 (Kuroi Tenshi)ー AKB48

I discovered this song on pure accident through a Kpop-based competition program called "Produce 101". During the time, I was doing some research into the history of Japanese Idols, and browsing through some of the most famous groups. Of course, I came across AKB48, and whilst discovering a few of their most famous songs, I saw that they had participated in Produce 101. Apparently, one of their most popular members, Miyawaki Sakura (who's now in the group LE SSERAFIM) had performed 'Kuroi Tenshi' for the judges, and as a sucker for the "fallen angel" motif, the song piqued my interest. 
And honestly, it was love at first listen. 
As it was first sung by AKB 48, the song is undoubtedly an old one; its release date being over 12 years ago. Additionally, the melody seems to take inspiration from the city-pop feel of the music released in 80's/90's Japan, giving it a very nostalgic and retro feel. These types of retro, "Moonlight-densetsu"-esq moods are honestly my absolute favorite and so when paired with more dark, mysterious vibes, it made for a very addicting and mystifying song that was kept on replay for days upon days. 

There were also alot of phrases I recognized as well, such as: 

「私黒い天使」(I am a black angel)
「ヘッドライトの海をおよぐ」(Swimming in a sea of headlights)
「だれも知らない、もうひとつの顔がある」(Nobody knows, I have another face)
「ああ、風の中にきえた」(Ah, I disappeared amidst/within the wind)
「スピードおとすくるまのまどから」(From the windows of cars slowing down)

Comments

Popular Posts